AUM INCLUSIVE ACCESS PROGRAM FAQ
What is Inclusive Access?
AUM Bookstore is always working to provide AUM students with current & innovative options in course material at the best prices available. We are addressing these goals by working with AUM faculty and textbook publishers to expand our AUM Inclusive Access Program, which provides students with the course material they need on the first day of class.
- Students are sent an email before classes begin notifying them that they’re enrolled in an Inclusive Access course.
- Students will be able to access their course content on the first day of class and enjoy free access to the content for the first 2 weeks of class.
- After the free trial period, in order to retain access, students simply do nothing; a charge is conveniently billed to their student account.
- If students choose to opt-out of the AUM Inclusive Access Program, they can do so either in the Redshelf Module for their course or by visiting aumbookstore.com/inclusive-access and filling out the Opt-Out form linked on the page.
- You will have academic freedom to choose when to use the program and control over what modules that are activated for student use.
- Your students will all have access to the material on the first day of class.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art technology, Inclusive Access allows professors to facilitate learning beyond the classroom. With interactive online assignments, multimedia presentations, virtual tutoring, dynamic study and self-assessment tools, professors can now have the most advanced educational tools available at their disposal. These features and abilities differ from publisher to publisher.
- Faculty will work with the publisher rep and college bookstore to coordinate course materials and cost savings.
- Faculty receives instructions to set up their course to ensure access to digital materials from Redshelf or the publisher of their course content.
- Students login to Blackboard and access their course materials on the first day of class.
- The bookstore charges student accounts after the two week trial period.
- For more information about the AUM Inclusive Access Program, contact AUM Bookstore Manager Benjamen Lee at 334-244-3956 or by email at email@example.com
How much does Inclusive Access cost?
Course material delivered via Inclusive Access is much more affordable than traditional textbooks. Prices are negotiated with each publisher and vary depending upon the course materials chosen by the instructor.
How will I get my access code?
If your instructor is using Inclusive Access, you are already enrolled and will have access to the course material on the first day of class via Blackboard. You will be notified via email prior to the start of class about your inclusion in the AUM Inclusive Access Program.
How do I pay for my access?
The access is free for the first two weeks of class. After that, all enrolled students who have not opted-out of the program or dropped the course will have an Inclusive Access charge applied to their student account
What does it mean to opt-out?
If you do not wish to participate in the AUM Inclusive Access Program, you have until February 3, 2021 to opt-out of the program. If you opt-out by the deadline given, access to the online content will be turned off after the opt-out deadline and you will not be billed.
I opted out by mistake and realized that I still need my access. Can I opt back in?
Yes, if it's before opt-out deadline. Simply email the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your access be reinstated.
I did not opt-out, but I did not register my access or use the online platform. Will I still be billed?
Yes. All students who are enrolled in a course using Inclusive Access are automatically considered part of the program. To avoid being billed you must opt-out online before the opt-out deadline.
I dropped the course. Do I still need to opt-out?
As long as you drop the course before the opt-out deadline, you will not receive an Inclusive Access charge on your student account. If you believe you’ve received a charge in error, please contact the AUM Bookstore via email at email@example.com.
I forgot to opt-out and missed the deadline. Can I get a refund now?
Once billing has been completed, there are no refunds.
I didn't get an email about my course, but other students in my class did. Was I sent an email?
All enrolled students are emailed about the program to their official AUM email address. If it is not in a spam folder or was accidentally deleted, email the bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to OPT-OUT of using AUM Inclusive Access Course Material.
1. Click on the link below and fill out the form to OPT-OUT of the AUM Inclusive Access Program. Make sure that you select the correct section number when filling out the form.
OPT-OUT DEADLINE HAS PASSED
CLICK HERE TO OPT-OUT OF THE AUM INCLUSIVE ACCESS PROGRAM
OPT-OUT DEADLINE HAS PASSED
2. If you have any problems opting-out of the AUM Inclusive Access Program, please contact the AUMBookstore by email at email@example.com or by phone at 334-244-3578.
* Make sure to inform your professor you will be opting out of the AUM Inclusive Access Program and plan on aquiring your course material from other sources.
** Remember that opting-out of the AUM Inclusive Access Program does not remove you from your class. Opting-Out only removes your access to the digital course material provided for your class via the AUM Inclusive Access Program.